Sunday, January 6, 2008

Going strong

Zachary is now at 8lbs and 1 oz! This is huge! He is doing so well. He still pukes a bit but not nearly as much as b/f and he is eating more so that is good.

We will for sure be in the hospital until at least Tuesday. They are monitoring his WBC, which is down to 10K and is normal, and they are watching his red blood cells too. Due to the chemo there is a chance he may need a transfusion, but at this time, he is not in need of one.

He is smiling more and likes to lay on the bed and stretch and watch what is going on. I can see him fattening up before my very eyes.

Jonathan came up there today and was good and kept saying the doctors are making Zachary all better.

He may have to come home with a feeding tube for supplemental feedings and even though that makes me nervous, I know we'll manage.

We are hoping to have the blood test results tomorrow...I think I typed that before huh? Well let's just say we hope to have them VERY soon!

Here are some pictures of Zachary. Just in 2-3 days you can see how his face filled out!



10 comments:

Rose said...

(HUGS) He looks so much better! Claire, DH and I are sending you guys lots and lots of prayers!

Carolyn said...

He really does look so much healthier in that last picture. My heart is with all of you.

msfitzita said...

Wow - look at him go!!! He looks so good - and over 8 pounds is amazing!

I hope you get the blood test results back so you know for sure what you're dealing with and can move forward. I can't imagine the agony of waiting like this :(

Thinking of you all...

((((HUGS))))

Sandy said...

YEAH!!! Z looks really good. And over 8lbs, that is fantastic!! Continued thoughts and prayers for all of you.

Sandy & Eddie

1Supergirl said...

OMG! He looks like he's gotten bigger since Fri! It was so great to see you, and to meet the Big Guy!
Love and prayers,
Judith and Darin

aerialsmama said...

He is looking so good and getting so big. I hope you get some results soon! I will keep praying for you and little Z!

nault's nook said...

Oh he looks awesome!!! I am so happy he is gaining so much weight! Thats great news! Sending more prayers your way!!!

RP said...

He looks great Jen!! He looks a lot like JD in that last photo. What a sweetie! I've been thinking of you all. I hope you get the test results back soon.

Sherry said...

I'm so glad that Z's doing so well. I could definitely see a difference in the pix!

Many prayers going out to all of you.

(((HUGS)))

schnettler said...

Zachary looks like you in the last picture. I am praying for him, as well as you, Jason and Jonathan as you go through this tough time.